Cancer seems to be the word of the decade. Everybody talks about it, everybody has someone close fighting against it, everybody has lost someone to this monster.
What is it? Why are we seeing more and more cases of it? And most importantly, how can we prevent it? When will we stop talking about awareness, and start talking about cancer prevention?
This is a very complicated subject, and in fact a very profitable one too, so we have to be careful about what we hear and how much of that we believe. The cancer industry includes everybody involved in its treatment, awareness campaigning, and even many of the charities supposedly meant to fight against it and raise funds to find a cure. Everyone involved has their own interests, and sadly not all of them agree with the general public’s best interests.
There are several alternative treatments that have had very good results in curing and reversing cancer. In fact, many experts believe that the cure for cancer does exist, but that it is not in the best interest those who profit from it to let this fact be known. After all, as Kevin Tudreau says, it is all about the money.
I will not get into politics here, all I want to do is to give you some tools to better understand cancer, and to be able to take action in preventing it, or in seeking different opinions from different schools of thought if you ever have to face it.
Some specific points are important to keep in mind:
- Cancer basically means cells that grow and divide at an abnormal, faster pace. With this said, let me tell you something, we all have cancer cells in our body. They ocurre in as a normal process in our body, and only when there is an imbalance in the system and our body is not able to fight them, they start duplicating and growing out of control.
- Cancer is a symptom of an imbalance in our body; nutricional deficiencies, excess toxicity, acid pH, weak immune systems, etc. Now, if you would please read the previous sentence again, “cancer is a symptom” and ideally it should be treated as so. If we cover the symptom, but don’t attack the cause of it, we may get rid of it, but it will most likely come back because the cause is still there.
- Treating the problem would mean balancing your pH. Increasing the levels of oxygen in your body through proper breathing and exercise, filling the nutritional gaps with a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, reducing the toxicity in your body through a healthy lifestyle. All medicines are toxic and acidifying to our body, so, even though they have a place in specific situations and times, they should not be part of our daily life.
- Opposed to that approach, modern medicine treats cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. Chemotherapy involves poisoning of the cancer cells, but it also destroys healthy cells in the bone marrow, and the gastrointestinal track among many other places in the body. Radiation has the same problem, it destroys cancer cells, but also damages healthy cells, and tissues. These two treatments not only causes organ damage, but also weaken the immune system and acidifie the blood, making the body vulnerable to other problems.
- A proactive approach to fighting cancer would be, again, to go to the cause and fight there. What feeds cancer cells? Cancer cells starve in an alkaline environment. They cannot live in an alkaline body, so if we stop consuming those things that feed them, and focus on alkalizing our body, they will starve and die.
With this said, let’s take a look at some of the things that make our body an acid haven for cancer cells to strive. If we cut on these things, we will be able to prevent cancer, and in many cases to revert it. Please check out our Alkaline Foods Chart to learn more about which foods have an alkalizing effect in our body, and which don’t. We have written several articles on ways to live an alkaline lifestyle I will summarize some of our recommendations here for you:
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight, or underweight affect your body’s ability to maintain balance and fight disease.
- Walk and exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. Stretch your muscles and live an active lifestyle. Exercice oxygenates the body making it more alkaline.
- Get a rebounder and jump on it for 10 minutes every day to activate your lymphatic system.
- Eat an alkaline diet. This is, a diet rich in dark color vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Have a positive attitude, surround yourself with people and things that make you feel good and bring out the best in you. Emotions can be alkalizing or acidifying.
- Drink enough water. Hydration is key to good health.
- Avoid sodas and sugary drinks. Cancer feeds on sugar. Plus, all carbonated drinks weaken your mineral reserves, acidifying your pH. And I am talking about ALL sodas, the false advertising that diet drinks are healthier, to me, is the lie of the century. They are poison! Artificial sweeteners may be the single most toxic and acidifying chemical we can consume.
- Avoid processed foods, specially those containing high fructose corn syrup and / or trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils)
- Stop eating fast foods. They are so highly processed and manipulated that they can hardly be called food anymore.
- Replace milk and dairy products for healthier alternatives like almond, rice or soy milk.
- Limit the use of medicines for when absolutely necessary.
- Limit consumption of acidifying foods and drinks (see chart)
- If you consume animal products, make sure they are organic, and don’t let them be more than 20-30% of your diet.
- Throw away your microwave. You read that right, microwaves kill all nutrients, and alter the cellular structure in food.
- Stop smoking, and being around smokers. Second hand smoke is almost as bad as smoking.
Don’t wait until it is too late! Start improving your diet and lifestyle today, and help your family and loved ones do the same. It is not normal, and it is not right to see the overwhelming new cases of cancer we are seeing every day. Let’s not let that be the norm. Statistics can be changed, one home at a time.